The vast majority of funds collected for the case are reserved for hiring of legal counsel and associated legal expenses. Other project expenses include the costs associated with public outreach and supporter communications by Springtide, along with donation transaction fees, and general project administration fees.
How will the funds collected for the case be used?
Like and Follow
- - -
- Court date is confirmed! The case will be heard September 25 - 27, 2023.
- The case was filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on October 2019.
- Served government with affidavit and evidence package in May 2021.
- Government affidavits received in late Fall 2022.
How you can help
The main way you can help is to support the case financially. We need to raise another $25,000 to cover the costs of presenting our case in court. You can support the case for as little as a dollar a month.
What to expect
- Fall 2022 - Once evidence and a response from the government is received, Charter Challenge lawyer, Nicolas Rouleau will start preparing for cross-examination and response affidavits.
- Spring 2023 - Once we have received the government’s evidence and replied to it, Charter Challenge lawyer, Nicolas Rouleau, will draft the factum
- At each step, we set a goal based on our estimate of the costs, and ask supporters to contribute to help us reach that goal, and to ensure the case can continue to move forward.
- - -
This project is a collaboration between Springtide and Fair Voting BC.