The donation tracker counts only donations submitted through the donate page itself, and does not include donations made by cheque, e-transfer or paypal. The donation ticker updates itself instantaneously, while the homepage is updated only on a (roughly) weekly basis.
Why doesn’t the donation-tracker on the donate page match the amount raised reported on the home page, blog and email updates?
Like and Follow
- - -
- Court date is confirmed! The case will be heard September 25 - 27, 2023.
- The case was filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on October 2019.
- Served government with affidavit and evidence package in May 2021.
- Government affidavits received in late Fall 2022.
How you can help
The main way you can help is to support the case financially. We need to raise another $25,000 to cover the costs of presenting our case in court. You can support the case for as little as a dollar a month.
What to expect
- Fall 2022 - Once evidence and a response from the government is received, Charter Challenge lawyer, Nicolas Rouleau will start preparing for cross-examination and response affidavits.
- Spring 2023 - Once we have received the government’s evidence and replied to it, Charter Challenge lawyer, Nicolas Rouleau, will draft the factum
- At each step, we set a goal based on our estimate of the costs, and ask supporters to contribute to help us reach that goal, and to ensure the case can continue to move forward.
- - -
This project is a collaboration between Springtide and Fair Voting BC.